Wednesday 4 August 2010

Introduction?

I have been brainstorming ideas of the introduction of my dissertation. I was to begin with something relatable and simple in order to draw in the reader. Ideas of things I may mention (that I need to research):
How a calculator/computer generates random numbers (possibly there is a complicated algorithm involved, but an algorithm nonetheless)
Children's games involving a random aspect, for example, Buckaroo! and Pop-up pirate.
Picking a coloured ball from a bag of balls of different colours.

I have also realised that the majority of my research is in some way related to probability. Depending on how things turn out, I may have to change the title of my project, perhaps to something along the lines of "Has probability done enough to eliminate the idea of pure randomness?"

No comments:

Post a Comment